Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22 Tuesday Gospel Reflections on John 14:27-31a

This part of the gospel is pretty special for me since I remember well a song tied to the following phrase:

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give it to you."

Although the actual lyrics are a little bit different (probably from a different version of the bible), the chorus takes on a different route. The chorus tells you that love is all you need and love is very important to all of us.

Which has led me to think the relationship of peace and love. Peace is not removing the bad things in our society but peace is a situation where people care for each other, where they love each other. We can't say our society is at peace because there is no war. Peace is never the absence of evil but the existence of understand, love and care for everyone.

Read the gospel here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home